Monday, April 25, 2005

Someday starts today

-----------------------------------------------------------
- Bruno Gideon

Are you a bit of a procrastinator? Do you find yourself daydreaming often? Does just about anything grab your attention more than the matter at hand? Procrastination is dangerous. It can easily hurt you, whether in your schooling, your job, your relationships, or your personality. And on top of all that, it can make you feel guilty. Enough reasons to do something about it. No, no, not later – now.

He that is good for making excuses is seldom good for anything else.
– Benjamin Franklin

I'm going to stop procrastinating ... once I get around to it.
– Anonymous

Sometimes putting off decisions and delaying action is a good thing. It allows time for reflection and may result in better action. But when putting things off becomes a general pattern, when it prevents you from attending to the things that really matter – then it is not a good thing. My tendency to procrastination is prompted by the little rebel inside me. He tells me, “Don’t do it now. After all, you are in control. Who’s to give you orders?” My little rebel is more of a help than a hindrance. He knows me well. I answer him, “You’re right. No one’s going to give me orders, including you!” And that releases me to do what needs to be done.

Try it. Someday starts today!

- Bruno Gideon

No comments: