Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Break Out From Mass Agreement

----------------------------------------------------------
- by Grant Cardone

Deny the beliefs of the masses. More often than not, they are wrong. Be yourself, make your own decisions, trust yourself, watch what the masses are doing and do anything else, and most of the time you will be right. And even when you are wrong at least you made the decision rather than them.

When you realize that 90% of the people you work around are all doing the same thing and basically getting the same results, an intelligent, independent thinker that is SANE would consider disagreeing with the masses (the group) and do their own thing. It is so easy to get caught up in the "Group Agreement", but history shows that more often than not they are wrong in their choices, their decisions, and their investments and in their actions. That means that the masses become a guiding light to those that choose to create success. Do what they won't do, check out the things they say don't check out, and don't do what they do since most of the time they are wrong.

I bought a house not long ago and had a vision for changing the place to take advantage of the views, but it required me butchering this very formal setting with these great trees and shrubs. Almost everyone involved in the project, including the so called "professionals" and some that weren't involved, except for their opinions, (everyone has one) told me it would be a mistake. Only my girl friend, now my wife, and myself could see it changed! I was convinced it was right for the house and that it was the right thing to do from an enjoyment point of view and for increasing the investment. The more people informed me that it was a mistake, the more certain I became that I had to do it. Now they say I was a genius because it opened up the views of Los Angeles. Why couldn't they see it then? I don't know, but I could! And it was just a matter of me staying true to myself. Bottom line is; it's my life, my home and my decision. And I would rather make a mistake that is mine than take someone else's opinion and forever wonder what it would have been like had I done it my way! What do you think?

CHALLENGE FROM GRANT:

Break out from mass agreement. Think, operate and act outside the box of the norm. Step back, look and decide what is true for you in your business and in your relationships. Quit going to everyone else for advice and stay with your decisions on what you know to be true. Stand up for what is true for you and disagree with the masses. Do your life your way! At the end of your life you won't worry about the mistakes you made, but you will regret living your life based on what everyone else thinks.

- Grant Cardone

No comments: