Tuesday, January 11, 2005

James Allen eMeditation - January 11, 2005

----------------------------------------------------------

"The outer conditions of a person's life will always be found to be harmoniously related to his inner state." – As A Man Thinketh

Orison Swett Marden in The Miracle of Right Thought wrote, "Did you realize that it is possible to read in your face and manner the record of your thoughts; that your face is a bulletin board upon which is advertised what has been going on in your mind for years?" Read that quote again and stop and ponder that thought for a moment as it applies to you. Then stop and think about that as it applies to those who are close to you, who you know intimately well.

But the physical expression on our face isn't the only reflection of our inner state. The condition of our finances, our health and our relationships are also a reflection of what's going on inside. One of the greatest "awakenings" that I experienced was when I realized that my habitual thinking had created my outer
conditions. Up until that time I thought it was the other way around. I thought the reason I was depressed was because of what was happening to me. With that kind of thinking it's easy to understand why I wasn't in control of my life.

One of my very favorite Emmet Fox excerpts is called "Tail Wags the Dog" and it's from his book Make Your Life Worthwhile. In part it reads, "Truth is that your outer conditions - your environment - are the expression of your mentality, and nothing more. They are not cause; they are effect. They do not come first; they follow after...You do not have faith because things are going well. They are going well because you have faith. You are not depressed because trouble has come to you, but trouble has come because your realization of the Truth had first fallen off...Man is not limited by his environment. He creates his environment by his beliefs and feelings. To suppose otherwise is like thinking that the tail can wag the dog."

And that's worth thinking about.

-- Vic Johnson


Download a FREE eBook of James Allen’s "As A Man Thinketh."

No comments: