Thursday, September 22, 2005

Meditation

--------------------------------------------------
- By Bruno Gideon

Meditation, if practiced on a regular basis, is one of the best ways to reduce stress, increase self-confidence, and solve problems. It is convenient, too – you can practice it anywhere, anytime, at your own pace. Meditation may take a little effort at first, but as you continue, it will become a habit, one that will tremendously deepen your character and give you peace.

Meditation is not a means to an end. It is both the means and the end.
– Jiddu Krishnamurti, religious philosopher and teacher

Meditation is the power that leads you to your own truth.
– Phylicia Rashad, US actress

I meditate regularly. It helps me get through difficult times and find answers to my daily problems. My short guide to meditation (see below) will allow you to start and I would be happy if it would get you on the road to meditation. There are many books and websites that will guide you further. A Google search for “meditation” brought up over eight million results – that’s how popular the topic is.

Why not give meditation a chance?

I am so convinced that meditation will help many of you, my dear readers, that I have written a short beginner’s guide, which I would be only too happy to e-mail to you. If you are interested, send an email to: gomeditate@brunogideon.com. It is free, of course.

- Bruno Gideon

No comments: